Propaganda Poster

For this project I decided to create a propaganda poster for climate change. Below is my poster.


For this project we had to include a self portrait aspect, here is the photo I used to base off my portrait.


I began by collecting some inspiration photos, here they are.



When the assignment was first assigned to us I immediately thought of climate change as something that I wanted to create my propaganda poster about. Climate change, the environment, and global warming are very important aspects to me. I believe that if we continue on with the way the world operates that there really will be nothing of livable conditions for us to survive on in the future. I have watched countless documentaries and environmental shows that show how the earth has changed, how it will change, and what can be done about this problem. It is something I am very passionate about. When creating my self portrait aspect of the project I wasn't really sure how to include it on my poster but to me it signifies how I view the problem and I want to be apart of the solution, so with me on the poster it is my campaign and what I am fighting for. The earth I created and based off the propaganda inspiration posters I found. I made the earth melting because I feel like it encompasses all three of the inspiration photos I found. My phrase is "don't melt the earth" which is saying exactly what it says, but deeper than that it encompasses all the things we do that continue to harm the planet everyday and if we continue on with these things with no changes that we are inevitably melting the earth day by day and that goes hand and hand with the rising temperatures. I thoroughly enjoyed this project!




Comments

  1. Katie, I love the look of your poster and the message behind it! Climate change is such an important issue that in my opinion still doesn't get enough attention and action towards it. I think putting the message, "Don't melt the Earth" with an actual visual of the Earth melting is powerful because people are always hearing statements such as these, but the powerful image of the Earth actually melting is definitely attention grabbing and alarming. The color choice also adds to the attention grabbing feature. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie, I think you picked a very crucial topic for your propaganda poster and done a great job sending the message. It's sad that global warming is getting worse and I believe that everyone needs to step up and do something about it before it is too late. I love the cartoon of the melting planet and your face! Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

pre-somewhere inspo

FINAL PORTFOLIO

Tag Brush