Calligram Project

 


For my project I have created a beach island scene. The image includes waves, an island, a palm tree, and the sun! I thoroughly enjoyed doing this project, it made sense to me and I wasn't constantly struggling. I liked that for the words to create the calligram we had to write a letter to our future selves in twenty years. I think that this made the project more meaningful then just using random words and sentences to create the images. For me I chose to do a beach scene because I grew up boating and going to the beach all the time, so for me the ocean and beach actually hold meaning and a lot of memories. For me in the future it ties in because I want to be close with friends and family that I grew up with and met along the way in life. These people if in my life will spend time at the beach with me and create memories there so that is another reason I chose the beach. A tool that I used a lot to create my project was the pen tool. I started creating my image mostly using the pen tool and also the shape tool. These two tools, which are easy to use, are how I have created this landscape which I then turned into a calligram. I used type on path, type, and area type tools to outline or fill in the shapes to make the image look how it should. All the tools I used were fairly easy to get a hang of and I liked them. Overall I really enjoyed this project and would do it again. 


Time Estimated: 3 hours


Inspiration:


Initial Sketch: (before I added text) 


Letter to future self:





Comments

  1. I think your idea is really well thought out, but something that feels off to me is your choice to fill out the beach area with text, but leave the water and ocean area open. Also, the font that was used for the beach combined with the bright yellow color makes the text hard to read. Maybe if this project were to be replicated with similar style, I would be interested in seeing how it looks with multiple wave lines, as well as a different color variation for the beach's texts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

pre-somewhere inspo

FINAL PORTFOLIO

Tag Brush